Rachel turned eight!
After a balmy(and lengthy) autumn, we had our first snow in early November, granting Rachel a snow day just before her birthday. Not a bad present at all.
She invited a bunch of friends for a gymnastics party.
Then, the real party began, as we hosted over 30 family members over Thanksgiving weekend.
Playing hostess to that many is exhausting but uniquely satisfying. I spent four days in the kitchen - prepping, cooking, serving and cleaning up. Rinse. Repeat. Honestly, it felt fantastic keeping that many tummies full for four days straight. I'd totally do it again. Just give me a few years.
The big day. Anna, Lily, Rachel and Eve sang Rachel's favorite primary song "I Know my Savior Loves Me" during the baptismal service. It was so tender it was hard to hold back the tears. And I was behind the piano.
Rachel got to share her big day with our next door neighbor (buddies since birth).
We crammed in the whole Jackson side of the family for a picture to remember the occasion.
Everyone filed out on Saturday night and Sunday after church and the quiet was deafening. I think Grandpa was glad to linger around for his birthday, though. We celebrated with raclette and BYU brownies. Yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment