Wednesday, March 23, 2016

March-ing on.

March brought with it plenty of happenings, Jack's baby blessing (and the resulting houseguests), a week with Grandma and Grandpa Egbert, Rachel wrapping up a season of basketball, Anna's 13th birthday celebration, Anna's participation in the junior high "benefit concert", spring break, Jack's first pamidronate treatment, and Easter, of course.  I'll try to catch up in chronological order.

Anna opted for a video scavenger hunt birthday party.  Two teams of 7th grade girls combed the community for embarrassing photo ops including leap-frogging in the grocery store, marriage proposals, singing the star-spangled banner in a very public place, playing duck-duck-goose with the lacrosse team looking on, etc.  The girls were good sports about it and so were most of the strangers they invited to participate, with a few exceptions (some people are just plain grouchy).  They came home to watch the videos, eat pizza and cake and topped it off with an hour or two of Just Dance on the Kinect.  I hope she was pleased because it is the last birthday party I am planning for her - she's on her own from here on out.




Rachel wrapped up her first basketball season and I must say she just may have found her sport.  Sure, she's an all-around athlete but she was seriously killing it on the court, making shots I never could have.  So fun to watch!
 The same weekend as Anna's birthday party, Jack was blessed in church.  We had lots of family come join us for the event, which made it all the more memorable.

Grandma and Grandpa Egbert decided to stay the week after the blessing and help out.  I got in some much needed sleep and essential errands while they tended to Jack's needs.  We also managed to fit in a little fun.







Grandma and Grandpa even were around for Anna's performance in her choir's benefit concert.  She had a solo in the song Oklahoma and rocked it.




No comments: