Thursday, October 21, 2010

A new tradition.


We, I mean I got a fondue set for our wedding. Because, let's be honest, fondue really isn't all that macho. I thought to myself, in order to get the best use out of this nonessential appliance, I need to allot myself a girl's fondue night with some regularity. I chose during the priesthood session of General Conference to plan my first shabang and vowed to make it a tradition. Except I didn't. Oh, I've planned a handful of gatherings over the years - all loads of fun, I might add. But circumstances have not permitted it to become the tradition I had hoped. So this year I began a new tradition, and it does not involve the fondue pot. Although it very well could.

You see, I have four adorable girls. And I have a husband who faithfully attends the priesthood session of conference semi-annually. So this year, we had our first designated "Girls' Night In" while dad was all out being spiritual and stuff. (Though, technically we've had loads of these over the years - this time I actually made a concerted effort to sell it to the girls as something special). It's been a few weeks, so the details are a bit hazy, but basically we ate junk food, watched a girly movie, braided hair and painted our nails. Even Eve, who loved getting in on all the action.

2 comments:

reyesohana said...

That is the big plus of having girls - love it - though it'll be years before I can enjoy something like it - and I'm sure it is much more fun with 4 girls.
Love feeling like we stay in touch by reading each others blogs :)

Valerie said...

Wish I could have been there to enjoy the evening with you. Sounds like a lot of fun!