The girls were well-behaved, not running up and down each and every aisle or proclaiming loudly how much the place stinks (because, let's face it, Asian stores have a knack for retaining smells to which the typical American simply isn't accustomed). In fact, they walked hand in hand down the aisles, keeping little Eve in check by politely replacing every item she dared remove from its shelf. It was a sight to behold.
Even still, the checker asked me a question I've heard only slightly more than a bajillion times, "Are they all yours?" To which I wanted to reply, "Why no, of course not, I just like inviting all the neighbor kids out for a jaunt to an Asian food store 25 minutes away from my home. Of course, they're my kids, you idiot." Sorry for the rant - can you tell I get that question a lot?
Anyway, after I replied in the affirmative, he said, "Oh, man, they are gonna hate you in a few years." Please. They already hate me. It's what I live for. And on that note, isn't this one cute?
3 comments:
Ha ha! Gotta laugh - at the stinky store part, and "the question." I totally understand! I used to want to call them all idiots too... drove me CRAZY!! That is until I started caring for other people's children. Because to be honest, sometimes I wanted them to ask so I could say "no" :) I am more accepting of the dreaded question now, cause sometimes they really aren't all mine! And yes, Eve is cute.. she is so much more than cute!!!
I may be slow, but I don't understand why the clerk thinks that kids in large families would hate their mothers - especially later. The older kids get, the more they seem to like and love each other. Kids tell moms "I hate you," but it's usually because mom didn't let them have their way about something. Am I way off? And yes, Eve is darling. And I've already copied and sent these pictures to Will!
Susie,gotta love it! I especially love the comment about Asian stores, because you are completely correct. Ben and I were at the market here in Cebu just last week and trying to figure out what it is about Asian markets that just smells WORSE than anywhere else. Your famiy is adorable and Eve is beautiful!
Post a Comment