Friday, December 17, 2010
2010 sewing project.
After four years of scrambling to find costumes for our annual Joy School nativity program, I decided it was high time to make my own set. It's no secret - I pretty much suck at sewing. Fortunately, three and four year olds don't have too much attention to detail when it comes to apparel they will tear on and off in a matter of minutes. So, in one day last week, I gathered remants of fabrics I've had stashed in a sewing drawer since last year and pulled together the first official sewing project of 2010: Costumes for Mary, Joseph, the innkeeper, an angel, a shepherd and a wise man. The pictures are not all-inclusive, a few of the headresses were borrowed from my neighbor, and the quality is oh-so-raw, but I did it!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is so fun susie. I am bad at sewing too but it looks like you did a great job. I love that your first project of the year is two weeks before it's over! I have loved reading your blog lately. The one about why your kids are so awful was especially awesome! I have had those same thoughts many times and I am not even half the good mom you are. It was an insightful post and even though you were saying they are so wil, etc. it was obvious how much you love them. You are a great mom and are doing a very good job.
Hope you have a Mery Christmas! Love Shannan
Post a Comment