I LOVE Thanksgiving. Call me bitter, but I despise the fact that stores advertise Christmas before Halloween is even over. I kind of see it as an accurate representation of our society - let's just skip over the part where we show gratitude for our blessings and hurry to the holiday where everyone spends all their money. Don't get me wrong, Christmas is actually my very favorite holiday - in its purity - I just enjoy pausing for the month of November to come back to earth and recognize what really matters before getting caught up in the materialism that has kind of taken over the Christmas season.
We spent Thanksgiving at my parents' house. Here are the kids before the feast:
 |
You can easily identify my kids by the mismatched clothes and unkempt hair, in contrast to their cute cousins with seasonal attire and adorable hair bows. So what else is new?
|
Tummy's full, we moved onto the kids' favorite post-Thanksgiving tradition at Grandma's house: Gingerbread Houses (well, graham crackers actually, but let's not be nit-picky about the whole thing),
The next day we braved a new outlet mall.
Got a family picture at Cabela's:
And visited with the families of Tim's MTC buddies. I cannot say enough good about these people. And yet, I never manage to whip out my camera when we are together. I spent a couple of hours with my dear friend from the MTC, Carmen and her adorable baby boy. Gosh, I wish there were more hours in the day! I love these mission buddies of mine. They are such an influence on me and I wish we all lived closer.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Now Christmas can begin.
No comments:
Post a Comment