Saturday, December 1, 2012

It's showtime!

Each year, thanks to the intense labor of several volunteers at our school, my kids get to audition for a play.  This year, Anna and Rachel were a wolf and a raccoon, respectively, in Red Riding Hood.  Lily got to do the green show - correction - she got to rehearse for the green show and then skip the performance, thanks to a fever.

And here are the stunning performers (behind their makeup and masks):



Anna tried to guilt me into awarding her flowers.  I responded by saying that, while I was very proud of her and thrilled that she got to perform, I would not be living up to that expectation.  And then I made both her and Rachel a bouquet of flowers out of Tootsie Pops and crepe paper.  She seemed satisfied.  Happy, even.  Phew.  Dodged a bullet on that one.  Some kids and their entitlement issues...

Thank you PTO for giving our kids this opportunity year in and year out!

No comments: