Maybe it's the cheapskate in us, but camping is becoming our go-to family activity. We wrangled some friends into coming up into the sticks with us last weekend and had a great time - minus a couple of bee stings the kids managed to get. Plus, what is it about camping that makes me absolutely famished? I went to girls camp with the Young Women a few weeks ago and packed it in so well that I came home 8 pounds heavier than when I had left three days earlier. (I've since lost it, thankfully).
Our friends introduced us to geocaching, since there was a spot close by our campground, and I'm pretty sure we have found a new family hobby. Here are the kids when they discovered the loot:
Camping just brings out all the joys of childhood, in my opinion. Exploring an open wilderness, discovering hidden treasures, cutting it loose with friends and family, soaking in the sun and fresh air, getting filthy and washing up in a cold mountain stream, star-gazing, playing cards late into the night... it's just so wholesome and "unplugged" I can't help but smile. And the pesto breakfast burritos Debbie made were a nice touch. Mmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment