Friday, October 11, 2013

Oozing with art.

I signed myself to teach art once a month in each of my three grade-schooler's classes.  Add to the once every four week Joy School lessons I have on my plate, the weekly church youth activities and the 2-3 monthly Sunday lessons and it makes for lesson overload.  Why, oh why didn't I just go for that education major in the first place?

So here's a favorite art project I did with the fifth graders a couple of weeks ago.  I took pictures of each of the kids, printed out each portrait in black and white, cut them in four sections and had them use a different medium to complete each quadrant : collage, oil pastel, tempera paint, and colored pencil (they were expected to free hand that one).  They turned out great!  So here's mine (thanks to my lovely four-year-old model):

Fun, huh?

2 comments:

Steph said...

That is amazing!!! I love it! You're so creative! :)

Susie said...

Actually, I could never have been an art teacher " back in the day" - before the Internet, that is. I have all the creative people online to thank!