You wouldn't know it, though, from the sand that ended up in our rear ends. On Memorial Day weekend, we took the kids camping. Soon after arriving at Bruneau Sand Dunes, I had to sit the kids down and tell them, "I hope you like the clothes you're wearing, because you'll be wearing them to bed and then back home tomorrow." Well, at least we hadn't forgotten the bug spray. The mosquitoes were out in full force.
We spent a couple of hours sliding(sledding) down what is the tallest single-structured sand dune in North America with a peak rising 470 feet above the surrounding desert floor (yes, I stole that from the website). The girls had a blast. We gazed at stars at the observatory and caught a pretty close shot of Jupiter before settling down for the night. Our tent (pretty much the only one there - what is up with RV's these days, doesn't anyone remember what real camping is?) almost blew over just before bedtime and we slept to 20-30 mph winds the whole night through. I might have clocked 4 hours of sleep, myself, though everyone else magically slept through it all. Typical mom. Three cheers for camping - it's always a good time. With or without a change of clothes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment