Sunday, June 8, 2014

She's got rhythm.

It was a simple routine, yes.  But it was a delightful group of girls and an adorable, impossibly fluffy costume.  I missed Eve's dance recital because it was scheduled for the exact same time as the Capitol Classic (a mile-long race to the Capitol for Boise kids).  After years of Eve getting carted around to her older sisters' activities and performances, I was SO looking forward to them getting to support her at her recital.  No dice.  We girls watched her dress rehearsal in class two days before and Tim went to the performance while the girls and I ran the race (I was a volunteer this year).  He took ample video and pictures to boot.



And now a picture of my other cutie pies after their race:
It's no secret that Lily has a strong preference for putting her energy into things that are either easy or fun.  Drudgery is just not her thing, no matter the reward.  She surprised me after the race, though.  She said, "Mom, I really like running the Capitol Classic.  It makes me feel like I worked hard for something."  Are you sure it's not for the free sandwiches and ice cream they give you at the finish line?  ;) 

No comments: