Monday, November 30, 2015

Down to the wire.

Last month of pregnancy and I felt great.  It was time to cram in a few last minute to-do's.  Like an EEG for Lily, where we discovered she is no longer having seizures.  A relief, to say the least, although she's not completely out of the woods.

Our car battery needed replacing, the dishwasher broke, I took out someone's bumper in the church parking lot (my car is such a beast that a minor swipe took out an entire bumper while my car sustained nary a scratch - go figure).
We attending Lily's school Veteran's Day program - makes me tear up every stinkin' time... and that's not the pregnancy hormones talking.

Next came Rachel's birthday.  Our future engineer got, among other things, a circuit set, which provided indoor entertainment for weeks.  Sadly, the magic has already worn off somewhat (I'm writing this in January).


Afterward: Thanksgiving break - full art projects, ornament making, playing games and cooking, of course.  Each kid got to pick a dish to "make" and I was pleasantly surprised by their self-sufficiency in the kitchen.  We broke out my Grandma's china and voila - my first Thanksgiving meal made entirely by our little Egbert family.  But mostly me, let's be honest.

Is this what a napkin is for, mom?

We're still working on table manners around here.
The day after Thanksgiving is for setting up the Christmas tree, naturally.  We decorated it, took a few pictures and bam!  We're ready to have a baby.  Let's do this.






No comments: