This year I opted out of teaching art in my kids' classes. With my church responsibilities and, uh, having a baby, I just figured it would be too much. I have missed it so! BUT, as many friends of mine fretted and fussed over the annual art night, I was relieved that I did not have to live at the school all week in preparation, mounting and laminating artwork, putting up gallery wrap black paper and displaying three classes of artwork oh so beautifully. Usually by the time art night rolls around, I am so sick of artwork and the school that I'd just as soon not attend.
So this year when I was not one bit invested in the outcome, it was a brand new experience, seeing the displays for the first time, praising my kids artwork, feeling immense gratitude for the parents who took the time to teach them and break their backs getting it all up on the walls...
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I know what it takes and I am indeed grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment