But still, all my reading got into my head and I tried to talk myself into thinking that maybe he needed a bit more time to adjust to the other formulas; perhaps the gas could be mitigated.
Nope. His body did not want anything to do with milk-based formulas, even when the proteins are broken down. Soy it would have to be. I trusted that because I was praying and seeking to do what was best for Jack, I would not be led astray.
The other day I started doing a little digging, wondering if I was poisoning my son. I contemplated the possibility that perhaps soy is exactly what Jack's body needs, otherwise why would it have so vehemently rejected other "sensitive" formulas.
As it turns out, a decent number of studies have shown that soy, in fact increases bone density and reduces fractures in post-menopausal women. If bisphosphonates(the drugs Jack will take) have been reported to do the exact same thing, it appears that soy IS what he needs. Pretty awesome. And not a bit coincidental, methinks.

See, look how happy he is!
1 comment:
Little Jack is looking adorable! Glad he's finally transitioned to the milk that's right for him (the whole breast milk vs. formula vs. which formula fiasco is tough...). We've been showing Esmée pictures of her cousins and she just saw this one and exclaimed, "baby Jack!". ;) Thanks for posting your updates. We love to read them!
Post a Comment