Monday, July 26, 2010

Chamber choir reunion.

Everytime a regularly blogging friend starts blogging less regularly, I assume she is pregnant. I've written two posts this month. But I AM NOT PREGNANT! Thank the heavens. I've got enough on my plate right now.

Earlier this summer, I had the pleasure of attending a reunion with members of the Chamber Choir from my senior year of high school. Out of 28 members, 21 showed up. It was awesome. We talked, ate, sang, talked some more, had a performance by members of The Jets (of 80's fame), and just plain enjoyed one another's company. Occasionally I forget how old I'm getting, but this experience was a bit of an eye-opener in that arena. And yet, it was strangely refreshing to see that a group of people embodied with so much talent, with all the hopes and dreams of typical high school seniors are now all grown up and living rather ordinary lives. I know that sounds weird. But frankly, I have found the most immense joy from this period in my life that to so many probably seems, well, ordinary. We've all done some pretty exciting things - but exciting doesn't always equal happy. And it was so liberating to see that in my high school peers.

Sometimes it takes reuniting with those who knew you years ago but with whom contact was all but lost to bring attention to the changes you have made during that span of time. And awaken you to the ones you have not.
I still fail to compliment people as I should.
I don't mind being alone/by myself anymore.
I don't need to be the center of attention.

Thanks to Josh (and all others involved) for organizing an event that will leave a lasting impression. What a joy it was to see everyone and realize, once again, how much love I have for these choir friends of mine. Until next time...
Oh, and one of these days I'll snag the pictures that were taken that night and post them. We took one of the entire group and placed it in a frame next to the one that was in the '95 yearbook. Astounding. I, of course, look exactly the same. :)

No comments: