Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Christ-centered home.

My house is about as far from a page out of a Pottery Barn catalog as one can imagine. The cheapskate in me takes a wee bit of pride in the bareness of my walls and the mismatched furniture. Somehow, I've never been able to justify spending money on aesthetics. Add to that the fact that I've little talent in the area of interior decorating. And, I've spent much of the last eight years cleaning crayon off the walls - why would I invest any time or money into something that is destined to be destroyed by little munchkins?

Then I read a talk that counseled us to hang a picture of the temple in each room of the house. And I listened to other talks and lessons that advised creating a Christ-centered home, one with visual reminders of what we hold dear.

Decorating is by no means the only way to establish a Christ-centered home. It just so happens to be the area in which I am utterly lacking. So I'm proud today to say that I am one step (or one wall, if you will) closer to having a Christ-centered home.

Here is Exhibit A:



Ta da!

We had a series of family home evening lessons several months ago on the paragraph in The Family: A Proclamation to the World that outlines all the principles upon which successful families ought to be based. I decided I wanted these displayed somehow. Thanks to a friend with way more design talent than I, the word cloud was created, printed, matted, framed and now fills one of many bare walls in my house.

Hopefully within the coming months I will have an Exhibit B to blog about.

2 comments:

Cherish said...

Yeah...Suz!!!!!!! I love it!

Jan Allan said...

I feel honored to have helped!