Fifteen minutes before I walked out the door, Eve peed on me. What a send-off. I was looking forward to spending time away from my girls and getting together with my other girls (aka: high school buddies) for the weekend, but she really sealed the deal.
I listened to conference all the way down to Orem. Then I enjoyed a 3 1/2 hour drive down to St. George catching up with three of the five friends I'd be meeting up with. And then the party began.
We booked the Honeymoon Suite:
Notice the transparency of the shower glass - add to that the fact that there was no door to the bathroom and that translates into some serious bonding. Not that we were wandering around with nothing but a towel on our heads but we did take a moment to compare stretch marks.
I slept on the floor both nights. Make that one night. The first night, after chatting until five in the morning I decided to pull my very first all-nighter since I was about twenty and headed to the temple. So much for pulling an all-nighter, if you know what I mean. :)
We attended Time Out for Women, which was refreshing in more ways than one, did a bit of shopping and eating out and called it quits. Darned families actually missed us.
Two main things I came away with over the weekend:
1. I need more music in my home. I need my children to develop a love for good music. Thank you Jenny Oaks Baker. You were amazing.
2. Women have great potential to strengthen one another. It's unfortunate that we often cast judgment at one another's methods when we could learn so much from each other. My friends and I are as different as can be. We don't feel threatened by the fact that some of us are creative geniuses, others are organizational fools, and still others possess an uncanny emotional intelligence. We simply appreciate what is good in ourselves and take notes on what is good in others so that we can improve. Duh.
It was AWESOME. Next year can't come soon enough!
3 comments:
I loved spending time with you and learned many things through your great example/words. I really wish we didn't live so far apart. Can't wait until next year!
P.S.
I hope you've recovered from our all nighter...I'm still trying. :)
Can I come next year?? I'm seriously jealous. How fun!!
Em - it would be so fun to reconnect (although I think we'd have to spend an entire week of sleepless night to catch up)!
Post a Comment