Monday, December 12, 2011

Sugar. Honey, honey.

My Joyschoolers are singing a song in their Christmas program that goes like this:

The very best part of Christmastime, the very best part I know
is not the tree and not the treats and not the lights that glow.


Wait a second. Back up a bit. It's not the treats? You sure? I beg to differ. You see, if there's one part of the holiday season I am compelled to never, ever omit, it's the treats. I just can't help myself.

Even when I was 6 months pregnant with my firstborn, was working forty hours a week and topped it off with a 30 hour a week performance/rehearsal schedule for Savior of the World in Salt Lake.

Even when I had a 4 week old baby (and two toddlers) keeping me up all hours of the night... and day.

Yes, even when I was in charge of the Relief Society Christmas program, teaching Joy School, and hosting the Joy School Christmas party (within the same week and a half).

Treats are important, people.

This year's plate brought hand-dipped mint truffles, caramels, toffee, peppermint bark, sugar cookies, gingerbread men, and pecan bites. I had another 3 delights on my list but at 2 in the morning on a Saturday night, I called it quits.

Maybe next year.





P.S. If you didn't make the short list for the Egbert Christmas goodie plate, all you have to do is move to my street, serve with me(or my husband) at church, teach Joy School with me, or join my book club. See, it's easy!

2 comments:

Cherish said...

You have lucky neighbors! Looks delicious!!!

Anonymous said...

Family should be first on this list. Right? Hah! Glad you were able to squeeze it in, and I'm sure your friends are too. Did the girls have fun with it all?