I'm the mom who sent her child out the door two days in a row, only to have her sent back by the school nurse. As if that weren't enough, I was "unavailable" to pick her up not once, but twice. My neighbor so willingly obliged. Yep, I'm that mom.
I'm the mom whose nap this afternoon made possible an enormous lipstick extravaganza in the three-year-old's bedroom - oops. Yes, I'm that mom, too.
I'm the mom who lets her first-grader escape out the door without brushing her hair. Quite often, actually. Except that today was class picture day. Oops.
I'm also the mom that somehow, at the end of every day, after the children are sound asleep, of course, is completely overwhelmed with gratitude that I've been afforded the opportunity to be a mother. To these children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Was it you or a sibling I sent to school with the chicken pox? The school nurse deemed me an idiot, but truly, I had no idea! You're in good company Susie:)
I'm that mom on occasion too. Anyone with more than 2 kids must be. Mustn't they? But we are also the moms who read to their children incessantly; see that they practice their piano; and attempt to feed them healthy meals. So there! :)
Anyone who claims they aren't "that mom" is full of it. At least I've never met one that didn't have great stories to tell about being "that mom"! I know I have to many to count. :)
Love, love, love it! I too got called 2 (or was it 3?) days in a row to come pick up David. Whatev. You're a great mom!
Post a Comment