Sunday, April 22, 2012
Turns out we're a pet family, after all.
Meet Zags.
I'd like to say that I caved to the idea of an animal because I love my children dearly. Not so. Not the part about loving my children, I do. We adopted a cat two weeks ago because I desperately want to have a successful crop of spinach. Is that too much to ask? Since our backyard borders an open field (home to all sorts of little critters) and we are the only house on our street that borders said open field that is(was) not home to a cat or dog, we became the gracious hosts to countless field mice in recent years. Apparently, mice love spinach. My spinach.
So now my children have the pet they've always dreamed of and I will reclaim my right to spinach. Zags willing, that is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can't wait to make Zags' acquaintance!!! And good luck with the mice...
Post a Comment