I would venture to say, however, that without those 2 a.m. migraines and the caffeine that is necessary to keep them at bay, my blogging would be reduced by at least half. So cheers to migraines! (Is it even necessary for me to say that I never thought I would utter those words?)
On to sunnier topics (or not so sunny, as it turns out), our spring break was last week. Of the four years since I've had a child in school and spring break became a calendar item, I can count on one finger the number of times the weather has cooperated. And, as irony would have it, we left town that year. This year it rained every single day. Until Saturday, of course, which we'd already planned on dedicating to watching General Conference. I woke up, peered out the windows at the clear skies and said to myself, "Really?......REALLY?" As if it isn't hard enough to keep little children occupied and quiet for four hours on a Saturday. We bolted out the door right after the closing prayer for one last hurrah before resuming our usual schedule this week. General conference was, as always, thoroughly uplifting. Can't wait to read the talks. As for spring break - we managed to have a great time. The girls tackled spring cleaning chores with me (with unexpected anticipation, no less) like organizing closets and cleaning baseboards, walls, doors, and floors. I love it when I can convince my girls to jump on the cleaning train (and not expect payment). They were absolute champs! We combined our work with plenty of fun every day so all in all, spring break was a success.
I finished another "home" project. Two matching pillowcases for the throw pillows that came with our couch. What an easy way to give new life and color to your home! And I now know how to use my sewing machine to sew on a button (and buttonhole). So much easier than hand-sewing!
Any good parenting books out there on resolving contention in the home? The topic was mentioned a couple of times during conference (usually just as my kids were erupting into one of their shouting matches) but aside from "just stop it" I need concrete solutions as to how I can convince my girls that backing down is a viable option. Anyone?
And now, my bed is calling me. I'm sure there's something philosophical and enlightening floating around up there, but it's drowned out by my desire to hit the sack. So that's all I've got. Later.
3 comments:
I've sort of become used to that word over the years, Susie:) What I was cringing at (quite literally)was the mention of those painful migraines. Oh how I wish I could give you a magical cure. Mine came only after a major life change, and you're years away from that...But speaking of silver linings - medicine is sure to come up with a new and effective treatment,right? Soon? Please?
By the way, Happy Birthday sweet daughter of mine! What a joy you are to Dad and me. And, dare I say what I frequently read on Facebook? "I love your guts!"
Happy Birthday to one of my very favorite people!!! I love you and think you are SO AMAZING! I hope you have a great bday!!! Wish we lived closer so I could take you to lunch or something for your bday. :)
Post a Comment