Monday, February 11, 2013

Bigger is always better. Well, at least for Tim.

I've been planning out a kitchen workstation for a while now.  Our computers are currently in the office, down the hall from the kitchen and not as visible/accessible as I would like my children to be when I'm working in the kitchen and they're completing homework or indulging in a bit of media time.  I spent hours finding just the right sized desk for just the right price and mapped out exactly what I want on the walls and where(though that part has yet to come to fruition) to make our homework corner a functional spot.  I left the computer-buying up to Tim.  We needed a flat screen to optimize the small space and since he is the techie of the family, it was his arena.  Here's what he came up with:



Flat screen?  Check.  Good price?  Check.  All in one computer?  Bonus!  Size of that monitor?  Ridiculous.  It takes up half the desk I carefully chose to fit in a small corner.  I laughed out loud when I pulled it out of the box.  Even the girls made comments.  He's still defending the purchase, of course.  "It was such a good deal!", he says.  That's my man.

A few days after the computer arrived, Tim took Eve out for a little treat.  Scratch the word "little".  Tim simply cannot, cannot buy a small shake.  It's just doesn't hit the right price point.  So much more worth it to buy the large shake when you consider the price per ounce.  Nevermind most of the shake spent its final days in the freezer, forgotten until I put the freezer-burned delight out of its misery.  By Tim's logic, every family (regardless of size) should shop at Costco and nowhere else.  Ever.  That's my man.

No comments: