Friday, February 1, 2013

Lily, Lily bo Billy.

Two months ago(backdating all the blog posts), this little darling turned eight.  Eighth birthdays are a bit of a splurge around here.  The birthday girl gets to pick a "party place", invite a whole slew of friends, and we let them do all the work.  Yes, it's pricey, but I do this for two reasons: 1.  They only get such a party once in 18 years.  2.  I get to spend my energy planning the more important part of an eighth birthday in our family... the baptism.

In any case, Lily decided to do a ropes course party.  Here are a few shots of the action:


 Not so sure about this...

 Anna's been there, done that.
 It didn't take the kids long to figure out that they could just sit in their harnesses and swing from apparatus to apparatus.  Brilliant.





 The girls were pretty much the only kids that stuck around for present-opening.  Boxing became the boys first activity choice.

And now, eight things I love about Lily:
1.  She's grateful.  I never have to weasel a thank you out of this girl.
2.  She's fun!  Our top laugh-generator.
3.  She is her own person.  Doesn't really care what others think.  I hope that lasts.
4.  Lily's friendly.  She is always the first to start a conversation with some random person when we're in public.
5.  She is no respecter of persons.  At an age when many kids begin to think boys are gross, Lily just thinks they're one of the gang.  Very healthy attitude, if you ask me.
6.  Lily is affectionate.  Best hugs ever.
7.  She is beginning to eat things she doesn't like.  This is big.
8.  She "gets" the scripures.  Sometimes we catch her losing her spot while we read aloud in family scripture study.  The reason:  "it was just so interesting, I couldn't stop reading ahead!"
 
Aw, we love our Lily!

No comments: