The girls made their own pizzas. They ate them. We played games. They sang. They played outside. They ate cupcakes shaped like microphones. Anna opened presents. They sang some more. And then 8:00 (the usual bedtime at our house) rolled around and the energy kicked up a notch (or twenty) and the girls partied hard until it was time to go home. I've got the video footage to prove it (available for a small fee to any who care to blackmail their daughter at just the right time).
Anna loved it. I have planned parties for her that were greeted with a lackluster reaction(and not because they were any less stellar - she's just so hard to please!). This redeemed me. For life, I hope. It was the perfect party for girls this age, provided you have available at least one CD with recent top 40 hits - they pretty much stuck to the same 10 songs all night (in spite of having over 30 karaoke CD's at the touch of their fingertips). In fact, if I never hear Call Me Maybe again, I will be one happy gal.
1. She's smart as all get out.
2. She gets (and laughs) at our jokes ("our" meaning the adults in the house).
3. She is active and imaginative.
4. She is a bookworm. I love when she mispronounces words, indicating that she learned them by reading and not through conversation.
5. She orchestrates grandiose and fun plans involving her little sisters. And a big mess, too.
6. She still likes to hang out with the fam.
7. She is willing to let her younger sisters hang out with her and her friends. Makes my heart swell with tenderness.
8. She tries everything on her plate. And... she complements me on dinner to boot.
9. Anna pushes through her nervousness/shyness and does things that are hard for her.
10. She is a good friend to others. She avoids catty-ness and exclusivity.
Happy Birthday my dear Anna! Thanks for making me a mother!
2 comments:
I just did major blog catch up on you. I love that Valentine box! I am not going to show Richard the picture of your new computer monitor; he will be jealous. And lastly, you are great at celebrating birthdays and holidays, very fun.
I think Ellie and Anna would be kindred spirits if ever they could meet up. Speaking of ... we will be in Utah from August 3-18. Any chance of seeing you? My sister Suzy will be getting home from her mission!
Post a Comment