Wednesday, May 29, 2013

And more graduations.

Once we had Joy School graduation under our belts, it was time for Kindergarten Graduation.  Doesn't the little grad look happy?

There.  That's more like it.
 
 
A few days later and we were onto high school graduation.  Two of them.  Of the eleven girls I taught at church this year, eight graduated from high school in May.  Can you say expensive?  I put a new twist on cash gifts by attaching bills to little bars of 100Grand and stuffing them in a jar labeled with their name and a donation fund I thought they would appreciate.  For instance, one label read: The (insert name) Greek Yogurt Fund, because this particular girl has to ration herself down to a one a day habit of greek yogurt in order to not break the bank.  Of course, it wasn't an entirely original idea but hey, that's what pinterest is for, right?
 
I will miss these girls - they are stellar young women!  Can't wait to see the places they will go and the good they will do.

No comments: