Monday, December 16, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

 We took the girls to see the Sacred Gifts exhibit at the BYU Museum of Art.  Totally worth the anxiety of keeping them at least arms-length away from precious paintings.
 Below freezing outside?  Let's get some ice cream!  No trip to BYU is complete without a visit to The Creamery - that place never disappoints.  In fact, I sometimes wonder how I can ever be satisfied with any other brand of ice cream after walking out of that place.  Somehow I get over my ice cream snobbiness, like a dog to his vomit.

 On Black Friday we took the kids down to the mall to see Santa arrive in a helicopter.  It was magical, if not slightly disheveling.  I think my mom might even have shed a tear watching the kids light up over the experience.
 Eve and I are clearly not in sync.  But Tim got the helicopter in this shot so all is right in the world.

One of our favorite post-Thanksgiving traditions is decorating gingerbread houses.  Mom and Jill always assemble the houses ahead of time to give the kids the experience of simply decorating and not burning themselves during the assembly.  I gained a new appreciation for their hard work because I got to do it this year and have the burns to prove it.





 Eve would not us pass through Utah without visiting our dear friends from Boise.  Apparently, she had grand plans to renew her vows with her self-proclaimed future husband.  We caught them holding hands most of the night.  The adults got in a couple of hours of gaming and food so we're all happy.
                                     And the token picture in front of great Grandma's house.
  Now we're home and in the throes of the holiday season.  Can I catch my breath, please?

No comments: