But alas, we don't get to pick and choose where we serve. In fact, we are most often called to serve in capacities that stretch us, that give us the greatest opportunity for humility and growth. Which is precisely why I was called to serve as the president of our Ward Young Women's organization a couple of weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE serving with the Young Women. I'm just more comfortable coasting along as the Laurel Adviser than handing out orders as the president. I have no doubt I will be reminded of my biggest weaknesses, be forced to my knees in prayer for the welfare of others, and expand in my understanding of Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice. For that I am thankful...and a little bit apprehensive. Where much is given, much is required. But where much is required, much is given.
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
The piano girl.
I realize we Latter-day Saints aren't supposed to aspire to callings but, if I did, I'd like nothing more than to spend the rest of my days as the Primary pianist. From behind that piano, I can giggle at the antics of children whose parents' reminders of reverence get thrown out the window from the moment they enter the chapel doors. I can sneak gum and snacks(and a bag of popcorn) while I sit back and watch the kids deliver talks, some breaking down into crying before they even begin, others shouting into the microphone like we're all attending some sort of revival. I can relive my own precious days of primary, soaking in simple gospel truths taught by loving teachers and inspired music. Indeed, it is my favorite place to serve at church.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's awesome Susie! Your YW are lucky girls!
Post a Comment