
Tim and I went out for dinner for our anniversary on Friday. Well, our anniversary was actually yesterday but the babysitter didn't work out so, we celebrated it a day early. (Tim, the engineer that he is, likes things to be precise and had issues with celebrating it a day early.) In any case, it was very exciting for me. No kids, I got to order an appetizer, not to mention a dessert... it was lovely.
We went to the Cheesecake Factory. Did you know that they have 250 items on their menu? How do you decide? I ordered fish, as I always do when we go out, since no one in the Egbert clan much cares for fish so I don't cook it much around the house. But the REAL joy was the Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake that followed. Chocolate cake crust, chocolate cheescake with raspberry sauce and a layer of chocolate ganache on the top. Not quite as poetic as the description on the menu but, Mmmm. I am so glad that my husband can appreciate a good chocolate dessert. I'm not sure which was more enjoyable - eating it myself or watching him savor every bite.
Our big activity is a trip to Maui in November - can't wait. I'm not sure which I'm looking forward to more - the trip or the fact that I will be able to sleep through the night. (Please refer to previous post, entitled The all-natural way to speed up the aging process). On Friday, though, we did break out our wedding photos to reminisce about how much we loved each other then... and how much more we love each other now. Oh, and was I ever really as cute as my wedding pics would suggest?
We went to the Cheesecake Factory. Did you know that they have 250 items on their menu? How do you decide? I ordered fish, as I always do when we go out, since no one in the Egbert clan much cares for fish so I don't cook it much around the house. But the REAL joy was the Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake that followed. Chocolate cake crust, chocolate cheescake with raspberry sauce and a layer of chocolate ganache on the top. Not quite as poetic as the description on the menu but, Mmmm. I am so glad that my husband can appreciate a good chocolate dessert. I'm not sure which was more enjoyable - eating it myself or watching him savor every bite.
Our big activity is a trip to Maui in November - can't wait. I'm not sure which I'm looking forward to more - the trip or the fact that I will be able to sleep through the night. (Please refer to previous post, entitled The all-natural way to speed up the aging process). On Friday, though, we did break out our wedding photos to reminisce about how much we loved each other then... and how much more we love each other now. Oh, and was I ever really as cute as my wedding pics would suggest?
3 comments:
Very cool! That sounds fun. (Tim must be a good husband; I think on our 6th anniversary, we went to KFC or Wendy's or somewhere really nice like that.) I be Hawaii will obviously be fantastic, too!
Spencer:
First of all, what are you doing up so early? And second, you're right, Tim is a good husband, although it's not because he spends cash on me. We had a gift card. As always, the restaurant with the coupon always wins out.
Susie
Congrats on six years. We went to Cheesecake Factory once in Virginia. It was two hour wait! I don't know why we stayed. I guess it was pure and undying love of cheesecake. I hope the wait time is not so insane in Boise.
And you were/are that cute!
Post a Comment