Sunday, September 23, 2007

I'm so glad when Daddy comes home.

I remember when I was about 7 and my mom went on an extended trip, leaving us with my dad. It was great. Why? Well, if your home is like mine was, Dad let us get away with murder. We got to eat sugar cereals every day, stay up late, go to PG movies, and have pizza for dinner every night. At least, that's how I remember it.
I am now a mom. And it's a darn good thing the kids don't "get" to hang out with dad for extended periods because this is what would happen:




Can you see the look of sheer glee in her face? 9 months old and having an Oreo for dinner. Aren't dads great?

Speaking of dad, it was his birthday last week. He is not a tough one to please. He just needs a few minutes to rub in the fact that I will always be older than him. Even so, I gave it my best effort and cooked him some Indian food and a pretty outstanding birthday cake, if I do say so myself. Still need to learn a bit about decorating it, but when it came to taste, we were all pretty satisfied.

We had a few friends over to share the grub and had a pretty great time. We love Tim, he is a hoot to have around. Happy Birthday again! Here's a few more pictures:
















1 comment:

Malauna said...

Yum, OREOs for dinner. Although, I personally think 9 month olds wouldn't truly enjoy the experience as much as say a 9 year old.