Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Just one of those days...

Today was day number two of potty-training Lily. What a nightmare. I'm not sure if she understood cognitively that the reason her pants were wet a gazillion times yesterday was because she had failed to eliminate in the proper place. When I asked her why her pants were wet, she just kept saying, "because they're WET!" No connection between her actions and the natural consequences of those actions. Weird.

Last night she wet her bed at midnight and kept me up until 2 am because she wouldn't go to bed without her "red blanket" (which had, of course, been peed on). I was not about to do a load of laundry in the middle of the night.

Today hasn't been much better. Tim came home to a very frazzled me. Since he came home, Lily has had zero accidents. In fact, she did her first #2 in the potty! Why is it that when dad comes home, the kids behave as if they haven't been torturing me all day, leaving Tim to wonder what in the heck is so hard about being a mother? Arrgh.

Luckily, Jill (my sister) was here for much of the day to testify. Today has probably convinced her to go on a mission, as soon as possible. The best form of birth control is a toss-up between
1. a calling to serve in the nursery at church or
2. moving in with your older sister and her husband and 3 (very young, very strong-willed) children.

Better luck tomorrow.

3 comments:

sew happy Stacy said...

I am so with you, but seeing how Anna isn't in diapers still, nor Amber, it seems to reason it can be done.
Solidarity, sister!!

Topsy said...

You are crazy girl. I'm all for potty training but I won't put my kids to bed without a diaper until they start waking up with dry diapers. Daytime and Nighttime potty training comes in two steps in our house.

Susie said...

No way, I am SO cold turkey on the potty training. But then again, this is only my second time around so we'll see if I change my mind after dealing with a different personality. Regardless, she only peed her bed the first 2 nights and now she's going strong.