Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Could it be?
My trip to the mailbox yesterday yielded an unexpected discovery. A daffodil, poking its way through the ground, making its way toward the blessed sun. I scour the other garden beds for any other sign of life. Ooh. A hyacinth, one of over 50 I planted in rows framing the beds in front of our house. I went and prepared myself a nice tall mug of hot cocoa and smiled, enjoying the flavor yet hoping it would be one of the last this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
BRING IT ON! Spring couldn't come fast enough! I wish I had bulbs in my yard that I could look forward to blooming...maybe next year.
Okay Susie, my name is Megan Scharman Keck. Do you remember me from so long ago? I got you blog address from your brother (we reconnected on good ol' fb a little while ago). You gotta love blogs for really catching up! It's interesting that I caught you in the middle of such a tansition - for I also have four daughters! and a beautiful, I mean handsome and many, baby boy. What's more is that Clark and his wife also have four daughters! We should start a club of something. Anyway, I love your blog - brings back many a memory from a similar time. I'm glad to know you are doing so well - your family is beautiful, but I didn't expect anything less. Feel free to "catch up" with us @ thekeck7.blogspot.com or clark @ squeezescharmans.blogspot.com
(and sorry for the pehaps the longest message, ever!)
Post a Comment