Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Midnight madness.
Middle of the night. Terrible migraine. Baby is a few minutes into her feeding. Toddler starts screaming for daddy, rudely awakened by the nighttime cough that has lingered for two weeks. Dad is dead to the world. The three of us hunker down in the guest room so as not to disturb the other half of our household still slumbering peacefully. Baby finishes her bottle. Toddler's coughing slows to a halt. Both are still wide awake. Is this a nightmare? The pounding in my head assures me that no, it is not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kids waking up in the middle of the night is hard enough, but a migraine at the same time? Oh, motherhood...
Oh Susie - I feel your pain. Literally. I remember nights just like that - migraine and all. Just breathe my friend, just breathe!! You are wonderful!
Forgot to mention... I can especially empathize on the husband being dead to the world - mine could win a contest... (snarl)
Post a Comment