Saturday, August 1, 2009

Bargain hunting.

Arrange the babysitter. Check.
Organize all the coupons. Check.
Feed the baby, put the kids in their rooms for quiet time, pick up babysitter. Check, check, check.

Anna and I were off to the mall. We needed a bit of mother-daughter time and, since she now has an opinion about what she wears, I saw the perfect opportunity. I was equipped with a 30% off Gap/Old Navy coupon, a 15% off JC Penney coupon, 20% off Gymboree - all of which could only be used this weekend. We shopped till we dropped. My ears could not believe it when Anna said, after our final stop at Old Navy, "Mom, I think we've got enough clothes now." The icing on the cake? It was National Cheesecake Day. We walked over to Cheesecake Factory for a bit of White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle and a slice of Godiva Chocolate and walked out with a minimal bill, a box to share with Dad and little sisters, and two coupons for a free slice of cheesecake with a $30 purchase. Guess where we'll be going for our anniversary? Oh, and the best part of that is that I already have a stash of $30 in Cheesecake Factory gift cards just itching to be used up.
Ah, I love a good bargain.
We spent a lot of money. A person like me is bound to feel a bit of buyer's remorse. But we're officially clothed until next spring. Even Dad.

1 comment:

Topsy said...

Suz! You made me cry - your Baby J comments. It isn't fair that you are there and I am here and I can't even call you on a Tuesday and say hello. Well I guess I could. I'm even more sad that Big Guy is no longer going to grow up and marry Ana - although maybe at BYU they'll meet and fall in love and call us all surprised as if we couldn't possibly know our future in-laws!!!!!!
Anyway. I miss you. I do. I wish that all my wonderful Idaho friends didn't have to friendship me through the early years adn then have me vault off before I grew up enough to enjoy :)

And here's hoping you are right about our little dude.