That being said, here's what we've been up to, in a nutshell.
Joy School! I'm group leader for the fourth year in a row and I'm always astounded by the sheer amount of time and energy it requires. But that's only because I actually like to do a good job. Maybe I should tone down my organizational skills. Still, I can't wait! We've got seven kids in our group this year - which means six great moms to work with and six great weeks in between each time I teach. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE teaching, but I'm also looking forward to the time I'll get to spend with Rachel and Eve while Lily is away for a couple of hours. Library trips, puzzles, games, etc. We've got big plans, yeah.
Anna starts first grade tomorrow. Bittersweet, for sure. I've waffled a bit about whether or not public school is the right thing for her and came to the conclusion that it is, for now. I may have to blog a bit more about my research into homeschooling over the past month or so, but for now, I'll just say that I'm sticking with the status quo unless I see any obvious reasons to do otherwise.
We've reinstituted the mother of all bike trailers (see picture) and are looking forward to the regular exercise.
My mom and my niece came up last week for a few days; then my dad stopped in for a night to steal them away from us. It being our last week of summer, we hit the beach (at the lake, of course), the pool, the zoo, the park, and McDonalds for half-price Happy Meals. Five girls is definitely better than four. Well, at least with my parents around to help out. Thanks Danny and Annie for letting us borrow your little cutie and thanks Dad and Mom for doing all the work!
Here's to a new school year! Wish me luck getting everyone ready and loaded by 8:15 tomorrow morning!
1 comment:
What a lucky girl Jane is! You guys showed her such a great time and gave me the break of a lifetime!! I owe you big! It was so fun to see some pictures of the adventures! Much love!
Post a Comment