I will be without my kids for four hours this week (without having to pay or obligate someone, I might add). This is big for me. Real big. I'm embarrassed at the uncontrollable giddyness I feel. What should I do?
1. Curl up with a good book.
2. Clean my house from top to bottom and revel in it for a few minutes before the little rascals come home and it gets destroyed again.
3. Go out to lunch with Tim and then come home for a nap.
4. Spend some uninterrupted time with my sewing machine.
5. Watch soaps and eat bon bons.
I'm open for suggestions, and I'll let you know how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've been kid-less for 5 days...they were at Grandma Camp. :) I really didn't accomplish anything, but saw a few movies and enjoyed the quiet. Sometimes just trying to recharge is the best--do whatever will recharge your batteries!
If I were in your shoes, let's see...I would go to lunch with Tim, spend awhile reading a good book, then allow myself to drift off to peaceful slumber. I'm not you though so I think you ought to follow Stephanie's advice - do whatever recharges your batteries!
Sew, sleep, read a book. Wait I do that while the kids are home...
Post a Comment