In other news, we planted a couple of bareroot apple trees behind our property line -can you imagine soil so full of rocks and clay that a 3 foot diameter hole takes 45 minutes to dig? I don't have to. Looking forward to putting the kids to work in a few years during the September apple harvest.
I stayed home from church with all four little ones today. Lots of phlegm, goop in the eyes, that sort of stuff.
Tim is slowly checking things off the honey-do list. Here's the latest in the organizational madness: a wall-mounted coat rack. Yay! No more coats cascading out of their designated baskets beneath the laundry room counter.
Eve can sign a few important words like "milk", "food" and "more". As far as talking goes, she makes no sense whatsoever (though she seems to think so). I wonder what the sign is for "messy"? She likes that, a lot. Walking though? Not so much.
After a three-month hiatus (yeah, not sure how I scored that kind of break) I'm teaching Joy School this week. Seven preschoolers (and Rachel) learning about relationships and communication. Can't wait. No really. I love Joy School.
Now I'm off to end my temporary starvation... er, I mean, fast. (Oh, let's be honest, when you're home from church feeding the mouths of four sick kids all day, it's starvation, all right?) And on that note, here's a picture of the most adorable one-year old alive. It's easy to love life when you get a piece of this everyday.
2 comments:
You look fantastic, I am quite jealous. I too, am starting my work outs again ... but I will be going around 9am at Gold's gym. I don't do early mornings very well! Isn't it funny how happy a coat rack can make you? I totally get it. :)
I love that darling,messy little face and am anxious for it and the faces of all the other Egberts to be in my house again soon! Sending love your way...
Post a Comment