Friday, March 12, 2010

Burning the midnight oil.

It's been a crummy week. We've been pretty much in lockdown mode since, oh, last Saturday. I'd like to thank Anna for bringing the lovely germs that have morphed into all sorts of fun around here - pink eye, ear infections, middle-of-the-night coughing fits. That's right, it's 3 am and this is the fifth night in a row I have been up (multiple times, I might add) with a screaming three-year-old. I went to register Lily for kindergarten today and it was about the most fun I've had since the quarantine begun. That is, besides scoring a million boxes of fruit snacks and Kellogg's cereal for mere pennies. But that's a story for another day. On the bright side - neither Tim nor I (nor Eve, miraculously!) has developed anything in the way of phlegm or eye goop. I'm still crossing my fingers. So here's to a week of bad parenting - dumping a Joy School lesson on another mom when she called me up to ask a favor (see if she tries that again), more hours of TV and computer than I could possibly count, threatening a protesting child that if she "spits out her medicine I will spank her" (yes, those were my exact words) and catering hand over foot to the needs of two rotten middle children while the more delightful(but not so sick) ones flounder in neglect. Cheers! Oh, and in other bright news, I have a new niece. She's beautiful! We wish we could have been there! But believe me, you're definitely glad we weren't. Here's our little pink, crusty-eyed gem. This was at the start of her woes. And then not even a personal nurse could have kept up with the green ooze. Here's Rachel. We weren't quick enough on the draw for naptime today. But hey, she's wearing something besides pajamas. Small victories. And step, touch, step, ball change and pas de bourree:

Dang, it takes a long time to post video. Love my girls. And my guy, too. But we're not talking about him right now.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Okay, so I guess I'm not the only one who has had a rotten week. :) Thanks for sharing your woes, and making me smile and put it in perspective all at the same time. Oh, and that video is great.

Valerie said...

Sorry it's been such a difficult week Susie. If it makes you feel any better, a lot of the young moms in our ward and neighborhood have had vomiting kids all week. And so goes motherhood. Let's hope for a healthier week coming up...Love you and miss you all.

Karen Caldwell said...

I love little girls. That video reminded me of mine. So Cute! Hang in there.

Shannan said...

Cute! Love the Wiggles! Sorry about being sick,

Cherish said...

That is the worst...I hate when the kiddos are sick. I hope they feel better soon and you get a good nights sleep. Hang in there!