Towards the end of my pregnancy with Eve, I began a habit of making double recipes of freezable dinners and putting one half in the freezer to be devoured during those bleak-dinner post-birth days. I had a stash of about fourteen when she was born, stowed away in foil containers so that could go straight from the freezer to the oven. Boy, those came in handy. Thankfully, the habit stuck. Pretty much every week I still make a meal large enough to split in two and save the extra for a later date. As a bonus, it makes it easy to bring a meal to someone in need, too. And, you don't have to eat lasagna for an entire week from your 9 by 13. I just make two 9 by 9's and freeze one. Unfortunately, I haven't caught onto the beauty of properly labeling said freezer meals. So today, when a Joy School lesson and four sick kids dashed my hopes of from-scratch minestrone, I reached into the farthest corners of my freezer and pulled out this. I have NO idea what it is. But it's for dinner. Anyone want to venture a guess? I'll give you an unmarked freezer meal if you guess right...
Monday, March 8, 2010
Mystery dinner.
Towards the end of my pregnancy with Eve, I began a habit of making double recipes of freezable dinners and putting one half in the freezer to be devoured during those bleak-dinner post-birth days. I had a stash of about fourteen when she was born, stowed away in foil containers so that could go straight from the freezer to the oven. Boy, those came in handy. Thankfully, the habit stuck. Pretty much every week I still make a meal large enough to split in two and save the extra for a later date. As a bonus, it makes it easy to bring a meal to someone in need, too. And, you don't have to eat lasagna for an entire week from your 9 by 13. I just make two 9 by 9's and freeze one. Unfortunately, I haven't caught onto the beauty of properly labeling said freezer meals. So today, when a Joy School lesson and four sick kids dashed my hopes of from-scratch minestrone, I reached into the farthest corners of my freezer and pulled out this. I have NO idea what it is. But it's for dinner. Anyone want to venture a guess? I'll give you an unmarked freezer meal if you guess right...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It looks like chicken broth with mini marshmallows...mmmmmmm. :)
Squash Bisque.
And steph if your going to be a true contender you have to see the image blown up and then you'd discover those marshmallow bits are probably just ice. Love you!:)
Susie I just saw this post and I haven't cheated and read the answer yet. So I will guess that it is not a meal at all but a giant popsycle!
Post a Comment