Sunday, November 28, 2010

Four.


Rachel got to celebrate her birthday this year for the first time with friends. Our little princess chose the likes of Ornithomimus and Stegosaurus over ponies and princesses. That's our Rachel. We went on a hunt for dinosaur eggs, dug for fossils, played dinosaur memory, pass the parcel (a must-have at every party my girls throw), ate cake and partied hardy. What I most love about Rachel at age four:
1. Her smile - she's a knockout!
2. Her boundless energy and willingness to work/help around the house.
3. Her independence - she wants to do everything for herself. Very helpful when one has a 5 year-old who wants everything done for her.
4. Her brains. We've got another genius on our hands here. She amazes me with her counting and assembling puzzles abilities.
I can't imagine our family without this indispensable third child of mine. Happy Birthday Rachel!
5. Her resilience. Tim keeps teasing her that the permanent bumps on her forehead from the repeated falls she endures will grow into a couple of horns. She doesn't laugh too much at that. But she does keep picking herself up.


2 comments:

Valerie said...

Rachel is certainly lovable. I hope that you have reassured her many times over that her dad is only teasing. Some kids might secretly believe that dads know everything and are always right! I know Rachel has her moments, but horns?! Love you Rachel!

Karen Caldwell said...

Susie you look beautiful. Despite having 4 girls you got to throw a dinosour party. wow. I'm impressed. What's pass the parcel?