Sunday, November 14, 2010

My little helper.


This girl is tough. She's only three for a few more days, and I'm convinced that she'll magically morph into an angel when 3:20 a.m. on November 17th rings in her fourth birthday. Okay, not convinced. But hoping... praying...living for the possibility.
However, difficult this third child of mine - she has a remarkable trait that I cling to when she's screaming at me behind a locked bedroom door about how I'm the stupidest mom ever and how she hates me and is gonna break the door down and come hit me. Yep, you read that right.
Okay, here it is. This little dear loves to help. It doesn't matter what I'm doing - weeding, cooking, cleaning, laundry, she jumps at the opportunity to pitch in. I can't pinpoint just what it is that motivates her to serve - an innate desire to please, a genuine concern for me (and others), or just an inherent work ethic - this girl is a workhorse at age three. Whatever the reason, she will go far. And hopefully, in the process she and I (another natural workhorse) will become good buddies. I love her - temper and all.

2 comments:

Karen Caldwell said...

My third is also challenging. She's now 4 1/2 and she's just now coming out of the "terrible two's". We've been waiting/worrying about her for a long time. So there's hope. - my philosophy as a mother is this...Most everything with kids is a stage. They eventually (usually not fast enough) grow out of it - and you actually forget it happened.;)Good luck!

Valerie said...

Here's hoping she'll come out of it sooner rather than later. She is SUCH a SWEETHEART!