Turns out, goldfish need a heck of a lot more space than the 1 gallon bowl the pet store saleswoman sold us. So here we are, a week and a half later - all six goldfish - dead. Anyone surprised? Our girls can now check facilitating the untimely death of a goldfish off their bucket list.
Onto our next animal. A few months ago we entertained the idea of raising a couple of kittens to catch the mice that love to eat my vegetable garden. At the time, I wasn't ready to take the leap. The kids still haven't forgiven me for making the executive decision. Last Sunday a stray cat wandered into the space behind our house while the girls were playing. Next thing I knew, we were feeding it tunafish. A day later I found myself walking out of Petco with a box of kitty litter, a bag of catfood, and a flea collar. Needless to say, the cat's here to stay. I'm not ready to invite the girl in, but she's growing on me. May she slaughter hundreds of mice. Pronto.
And finally, onto Lily's favorites:
1 comment:
I'm not really a pet person either, but cats do tend to grow on me as well (and Joe threatens to get a dog at some point in the future). Ironically, if/when that happens the rule is he can't buy a small dog - just won't do it. If we're going to have a dog - we need a real one. ;)
So, Joe wants to know if you've named the cat "Brow"? (Apparently Tim will know what that means...).
Post a Comment