Saturday, June 9, 2012

Art gallery.

In my efforts to create a Christ-centered home, I've had a goal to fill at least one wall per month this year with something meaningful.  Not an overly ambitious goal, I suppose, but when you consider that I intend to spend very little money, reuse items I already own, and rely on my own creativity (limited, at best) and not a Pottery Barn catalog to accomplish said goal, it seems a bit more lofty.  Hence, I have completed only three walls so far in 2012.  Oh well.

The latest was, by far, the easiest.  I used three small planks of hardwood, leftover from the floors we put in at our rental property, leftover paint, and nine clothespins.  Here's the mentality behind it:  the kids' artwork used to end up in a box in a corner of the kitchen, where it lingered until full.  Then, we'd go through it, pick out the most treasured pieces, and insert them in the kids' art binders for safekeeping.  Now, we have a way of actually displaying some of them until the meet their banishment to "the art box".  Presenting the Egbert Family Art Gallery:

The End.

2 comments:

Cherish said...

Love it!

Valerie said...

Very nice! And the girls can take pride that their work is valued enough to be tastefully displayed. I like it.