Phew! Riding to kindergarten is going to be a cinch now that I only have one child in a bike trailer in tow. She even rode half way to school to pick the girls up that afternoon. They were floored.
Saturday morning the two oldest girls ran the Capitol Classic. A mile run down Capitol Boulevard. Lily's motivation was, of course, the treats. Both girls gave it their best and I loved cheering them on (and all the other runners, too). When we met up afterwards, both girls immediately said, "Can we do this next year?" Who knew I could give birth to a couple of runners?
Eve, Rachel and I staked out a shady spot on the sidewalk that looked promising.
Anna in the distance.
Lily, who sped up so that she could wave. This was the resulting picture:
Both girls after the race. Lucky them, they inherited their mother's inability to sweat/turns red in the face during exertion.
And finally, Rachel graduated from Joy School that afternoon. I am so blessed that I manage to sucker
recruit such awesome moms to teach with me every year. I love teaching, but I also love knowing that I am sending my daughters off to teachers with whom I share values and whom I can trust to give my children an enriching preschool experience. Rachel, having been indoctrinated since birth in the ways of Joy School was, not surprisingly, ecstatic to participate each week and grew immensely this year. Congratulations Rachel!And that's a wrap. On to summer!
1 comment:
Congratulations to the newest Joy School grad and to the runners! The Egbert girls are going places!!!
Post a Comment