Sunday, June 17, 2012

That time that confessing my religion got me out of sitting on a jury.

This week I fulfilled my civic duty.  I pawned all four of my children off to four different families so I could spend 3 hours answering questions that would, ultimately result in my being released from jury duty.  About 15 years from now, it's highly possible that would truly enjoy sitting on a jury.  Just not today.  I spent a few minutes last night googling ways to get out of jury service only to find that my integrity, sense of duty and candor would not permit me to adhere to any of the suggestions I found.  Darned principles.

As it turns out, my religion just might have been the ticket.  Apparently, Latter-day Saints are incapable of being impartial.  Actually, I'm sure it had more to do with luck than anything else, but I kind of like the fact that my religion was brought up during the questioning so I'm going with it.  Tim says I should sue for discrimination.  I'll settle for a bowl of ice cream.

No comments: