Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Strawberry season.

Rachel's been dubbed the official strawberry-picker of the season.  She invites each person who enters our yard (and sometimes innocent passersby, too) to delight in the harvest of our healthy strawberry patch.  The berries are tiny, but delicious.  And regrettably, I haven't eaten too many this year.  But to those of you who have, I hope they're good - and no, I'm not bitter.

Even if Rachel weren't so generous in her offerings, we still would not produce enough to preserve, so every so often, we hit up the nearest strawberry farm (or farthest, as was the case this year), put the little ones to work, add a whole lot of sugar and voila! Jars of jam for the taking.  This year we put up 14 half-pints and 4 pints.  Not too shabby.

(What's a photo gallery without a little crack to show for it?)

No comments: