Sunday, December 16, 2012

Saturday is a special day.

We have switched our heavy-duty chore day from Saturday to Friday.  Which means, that instead of caving to the natural inclination to throw oneself on the couch and rest from a week full of labors on Friday afternoon, we instead break out the rags, the cleaning solutions and the vacuum and go to town on the house.  I have a fancy shmancy rotation schedule in which the kids collectively clean the bathrooms, bedrooms, playroom and vacuum all of the above.  It's hard not to allow them to let down their hair after a long week at school, but it leaves Saturdays much more open for... MORE chores.  Not really.  They do get a single Saturday chore, but mostly our Saturdays are free for fun and activities (and the occasional project).  I like it this way. 

One Saturday in December we hit up the aquarium for a few hours.  Thank you Groupon

             Yes, you can feed birds.  At an aquarium.  It's called tolerance, I think..

 Is it at all disturbing that my sweet four-year-old couldn't get enough of posing as Ariel?  Especially since only a fraction of Ariel's chest is covered?  Yep, I thought so.
.Or should I more disturbed that when we swung by the Apple store to return something all four of my kids (and their dad) were tech-zombies within seconds of setting foot there?

Most Saturdays are pretty ordinary around here.  I'm so pleased that our kids are in a stage where they enjoy similar activities (and each other).  I know it won't last forever, and that our Saturdays will inevitably turn into everyone going every which way, but for now, I will enjoy them just being ordinary because at least we are together.



No comments: