One of my favorite family traditions (I probably take an inordinate amount of pride in it because it was a completely original idea) is on New Year's Eve. I compose a slideshow out of the best pictures and videos from the year and we park ourselves in front of the big screen and reminisce on the previous year's events, progress, pitfalls and joys. I love it. But I don't have any pictures to prove how much I love it.
So, I'll add a couple of memorable quotes from the kids, for good measure.
While driving in the car one day, I changed the radio station when an inappropriate song popped on. Eve, clearly disappointed, asked why I had done so. After I responded, she quipped, "But mom, that song doesn't say 'sexy'!" She's three and knows the word sexy - and that it's a no-no in our house. Poor youngest child.
We were discussing gun control at the dinner table one night and Tim mentioned that there are some individuals who are trying to limit knife purchases, as well. Lily said, "What? We can't cut our food?"
Guess you had to be there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's our tradition too! My kids love seeing themselves on the big screen and I love sorting through all the pictures of the year. And I can make it as long as I want because its only us that is watching!
Post a Comment