Sunday, October 14, 2007

Playing catch-up.

We haven't been able to post any recent pictures on the blog for over a month now because of some malfunction with our computer so I figured I would indulge in a bit of updating. Thanks to our in-home computer whiz for making it all possible.
We started giving Rachel baths in the sink because her sisters protest that she splashes them too much in the face. No kidding. I don't think there was an inch of floorspace in the kitchen that was left untouched by her moment of bathtime fun. Good times.





I'm probably bordering on inappropriate by posting the above picture, but it really captures the pretend play that Anna and Lily are SO into right now. Anna always ends up being the princess and Lily the bad guy somehow...(funny how that happens) except when I'm the bad guy. Last week I was the jealous queen and my sweet little princesses were trying to kill me, but "just pretend" of course. So here's bad guy Lily, complete with red cape, blue bow tie, and pirate sword tucked into her makeshift hilt.




This is one of the last two of six boxes peaches that my neighbor Malauna and I were supposed to can after spending an entire day canning the first four and putting up a whopping 56 jars. As I put it to Ryan (Malauna's husband) on the phone after I discovered the scene in my storage room: "The good news is, we don't have to can any more peaches this year..."





One of the first of Anna's practice sheets from Joy School . I think it's rather impressive for a four year old, personally. I suppose, too, that she's very fortunate not to share the name of her classmate, Katherine.



Can you believe we had made it through 4 1/2 years of parenting with no permanent marker damage to speak of? Anna managed to scrub it off in minutes, but Lily was still wearing it well into the next day.

5 comments:

Jessica Waters said...

That picture is not inappropriate. . . it just captures imaginary play at it's best! We have lots of pictures like that. I plan to put them in my girls wedding videos!! I'm so mean. . . but I love those pictures.

Malauna said...

Wow! Those peaches are a sight... How was the smell in your storage room?

Topsy said...

Those a's are better than Nathan's. I can't get him to write a lower case a to save his life. The IRI scores are going out the window thanks to my son.

Polliwog said...

Hey Susie,
It's fun to find you again after all these years. :) Your family is so sweet. Thanks for sending your link along.

Annie said...

Oh my goodness! It was so good to see some pictures. It makes me really miss the girls. I am sorry about the peach and marker mishap. Fun stories to share however! I CAN'T believe Anna's beautiful handwriting! I had third graders who couldn't do that well! That picture of Lily as Captain Underpants reminded me of myself as a child! As far as I am concerned, you can't have enough imagination!