I love spring. It brings promises of a yard dancing with color, days filled with endless outdoor play, and sun - that glorious ball of fire that warms not just the skin but the soul. Spring is coming particularly slow this year. And that might not be a bad thing. I looked in the mirror this morning and discovered that the shorts that have been begging for my attention all winter will only reveal what I have been reluctant to admit. I'm fat. I'm not saying this to be self-deprecating - I made it through junior high, high school, and college as the not-quite-overweight but-definitely-fatter-than-all-of-my-friends one and didn't suffer any lasting damage. I haven't known skinny since before puberty - and that's all right with me. Mostly.
The last six years of pregnancy and nursing have taken their toll on me. Now I'm left without excuses and yet the weight is clinging to my hips like I'm over 30 or something. Oh wait...
I have no sense of appropriate portion size. I can't remember what it was like to not eat everything in sight on the spot. Self-control is a distant memory. I need a game plan. Anyone have a triple jogging stroller? Or any idea how to tow an infant, a toddler and a preschooler behind my bike? Don't tell me I need to get up before 6 or I'll scream.
In the meantime, I'll just watch the rain and curse the day I ever sang, "Rain, rain go away." Don't come back another day. Just stick around for a little while... please?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
what about the jogging stroller, bike attachment, and toddler bike seat. That would have to be akin to lifting weights!
I say right now it's about survival...having 4 kids under 6 doesn't leave much time for working out. And we have to eat when we get the chance....RIGHT.
I guess you could put on one of those baby backpacks for Eve, then break out your "attention getting" set up from last year??? Good luck with that ;)
How about leave the toddler or preschooler at my house while you take the infant (plus one of the above) in the trailer?
I hear you Susie, only I think you're in a healthier mental place about it than I am right now. Possibly because I can get down to two kids in the afternoons and still can't get out to exercise. Hang in there. I know our time will come when we can focus a little more on ourselves. Let me know anytime you need some babysitting.
Post a Comment