I love it when the neighbors go out of town during raspberry season. Sure, we miss you guys (especially since we set up the pool yesterday in the hopes of inviting you over for some afternoon fun). But I can't complain too much when we get to go over and pick the deliciousness there is to be found in your raspberry bushes. I brought a pint-sized container, thinking it would be ample for the harvest. I was wrong. I swear, the sun-loving berries were ripening before our very eyes in the 90 degree heat. We'd comb each row thoroughly, then go back over each one again to discover at least another handful until we had filled my container and Anna's for a grand total of about a quart of raspberries (street value: $10, easily).
The girls snarfed down a cup and would have delighted in more, had I not warned them of the diarrhea that would await them if they did. Two more cups sit in the fridge for tonight, and tomorrow, though I don't know that they will last that long. A final cup was frozen so that we can prolong the enjoyment.
All I have to say is: thanks neighbors! And I will work feverishly to finish the raised garden bed I've designated for your extra bushes. Yum.
1 comment:
You're welcome! I think I'm done going on trips during berry harvest, though.
Post a Comment